Business / Employer name: APC HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTRE
Job categories: Hospitality Industry
Job Role: Executive Chef
Organization Type: Hospitality Industry
Application deadline: 31st August, 2022
The Executive Chef is responsible to assist the team for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks, leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Plan the core menu and daily specials based on current food inventory, staff capabilities, and customer feedback
• Able to make plan and advice regarding succession planning.
• To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
• To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
• Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
• Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
• Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
• Ensure that staff meals and staff dining services are of a consistently high standard.
• Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
• Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
• Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
• Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
• Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
• Ensure that a consistent first-class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
• Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
• Creative menu planning and correct food preparation
• To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet.
• Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends.
• To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
• To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
• To manage staff fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary staff.
• To project a positive and motivated attitude among all staff.
• To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
• To Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
• Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
• Ensure that weekly work schedules are administered and filed correctly.
• Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
• To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
• Preparing and maintain the roster
• Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
• To be charge of all kitchens in the absence of the Executive Chef
• To complete daily market lists to ensure quality food ordering while maintaining budgeted costs
• To meet with Storekeeper to ensure quality & par levels are maintained
• To balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Manage the kitchen employees. They are responsible for giving directives to line cooks, food prep workers, and wait staff. This involves disciplining workers as necessary.
• Creating and following a regular daily routine to check the freshness of all perishable items. This requires a keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Executive chefs are also responsible for ordering and facilitating the delivery of food and supplies.
• To ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
• To follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
• Preparing weekly, monthly and Quarterly Report
• Conducting on job Training
• Attending all the meeting and conducting departmental meeting
• Other duties as assigned
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
• Strong administration skills.
• Creative and innovative.
• Strong knowledge of food and its cost.
• Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
• Initiative and Self-motivated.
• Ideal training and coaching skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, result-oriented nature
• Strong problem solving skills
• Detail-oriented and deadline-sensitive
• Take initiative and act quickly to support and deliver projects in a professional manner
• Ability to write a report and present it
• Computer skills- MS Office programs (Strong in Excel. Basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint)
• Team player who has the ability to work with external parties and with all Staff levels in the organization
• Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline
• Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
How to Apply:
• Please send your cover letter, CV and certificates through email: email@example.com
• Due to the large number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
• We may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.