Employer name: APC HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTRE
Job Role: Receptionist (1)
Organization: Hospitality Industry
Application deadline: 31-05.2021
Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests and be First Impression and Last Impression
• Carries out efficient hand-over to the oncoming shift ensuring that any outstanding items are highlighted.
• Maintain and follow company Brand Standard on a day to day basis.
• Upon check register the guests and assign rooms; accommodating special requests whenever possible; using suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
• Checks daily arrival and departure list before starting the shift
• Effectively communicate and disperses all and any relevant information via shift handover, log books, guest history, traces and by attending the regular Front Office Supervisor meetings
• Ensures there is sufficient supply of stationery and hotel keys.
• Ensures to fill out the shift checklist each shift after completing the meant task
• Works closely with Housekeeping for an efficient turnaround of rooms and room status
• Welcomes all guests to the hotel anytime in friendly and helpful manner and checks-in guests according to the Standard Operating Procedure
• Reports any potential credit risks immediately to your supervisor or Manager on Duty
• To be aware of the hotel occupancy, room availability and block room for reservation.
• To be aware and handles incoming guest room reservations both for this hotel and next destination and to know the cancellation on procedures
• To be familiar with all types of rooms in the hotel, the facilities therein and corresponding room rates
• Maintain the privacy of all guest by ensuring that no details of the guest are disclosed.
• Respond to any questions from guests, and follow up with guests to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction
• Being attentive to guest and engage each guest as unique individual and listen attentively to their request.
• To take ownership, to learn, develop and adapt to change and you can work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail
• Take and confirm reservations and cancellations.
• Uses guest names when dealing with them
• Prepare all reports which are required as per APC Brand Standard
• Monitor the Lobby cleanliness while on Duty
• Incorporate with colleagues from all departments in particular with industry professionalism.
• Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner.
• Process accounts from check-in to check-out, ensuring accurate postings of all incidental charges using computerized Front Office systems.
• Recognizes VIP guests at check-in and check-out or whenever possible
• Ensure proper credit card procedure are followed at all times to include credit card imprint and guest signature on credit card slip.
• Ensure all team member are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
• Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
• Attend appropriate training courses, when required.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times.
• Ensures all guest profiles are updated properly in the system
• Degree in Tourism /Marketing (Added advantage)
• Certificate in Hotel Management
• Form Iv (Div. 3 pass mark)
• Age not more than 35 years
• Minimum 3-years’ Experience in Hospitality Industry
How to Apply:
• Please send your cover letter, certificates and CV through email: email@example.com or you can delivery them at APC Hotel and conference Centre .
• Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
• We may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.